Wednesday 24 May 2017

challenge butterfly

Patchwork butterfly for Chocolate Baroque colour challenge 35 - sadly this will be the last of the monthly colour challenges.

I found a box of elderly glimmer mist sprays recently, and surprisingly some still worked, luckily including purples and greens.... I sprayed an A4 piece of white card with two of each colour, then cut it down to 6.5" square, choosing the bit with the least blobs on it.I stamped the lovely Irish blessing and the large butterfly from patchwork butterfly and embossd with gold EP.

I had previously  brushed mica powder over the butterfly stamp for an earlier project, and there was still some mica left on the stamp,so I covered it with pearl soft form relief paste and left it to dry.
The result was very pastelly, and too pale, so I rubbed some very elderly wax over the raised areas before gluing it over the stamped butterfly image - I thought he would look better with his antenna!
The base card is white 7" square.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments