Monday 2 October 2017

wreath

Having treated myself to a stamping press, I discovered just how easy it is to make cards with multiple stamping- I have always admired those people who can manage to do these without anything more complicated than a pencil, stamps  and an acrylic block! I never managed to do it even using clear stamps - until now.
Having previously tried a wreath out using just one stamp, I went a little mad and used three stamps from Chocolate Baroque here.
The first stamp was a flower and berries one from fantasy woodland, inked using distress markers and stamped eight times round a pencilled circle. I then added an ivy stamp and a leaf stamp from tall trees, again inked using distress markers in very muted greens to fill in the gaps between the flowers.
Sentiment from birthday words was gold embossed in the centre to finish , and a simple mat of dull gold card finished it off. This is an 8"square card blank as a base.

I am adding this to the following challenges
allsorts challenge blog - sentiment in focus
simply papercraft - anything goes
hiding in my craft room - freestyle

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, beautifully designed and coloured, I love it Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Vronnie! I have managed to do this sort of thing 'by eye' occasionally but it's taken me forever to get the positioning right. I have a press high on my shopping list hopefully for this coming weekend at Port Sunlight. Thanks for making confirming my decision.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, love the choice of foliage.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments